Sunday, July 5, 2009

How it all started ...

How I got the name:

A couple weeks ago when I was seriously considering a blog I wanted the name to have something to do with basketball (I love to play basketball) and with my Savior. So I grabbed a note book and started doodling basketball terms that are used on the court: freethrow, basket, pass, team, run, sideline, slamdunk (I wish! lol) and so many others. I was down to about 3 titles and the word "backboard" just seemed to fit. I thought of how Jesus is my backboard in life: you can't play basketball without a backboard; the ball would go over the rim, you wouldn't have anything holding the basket and there wouldn't be any point in the game. If I don't have Jesus; then there's no point to my life. We need a backboard on a basketball hoop like we need Jesus in our lives.

I am very excited starting this journey. Hope ya'll enjoy it!


Bri

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Good to see you in the blogging world! Maybe we can keep in better touch now. ;)

    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brianna,
    you've joined the ranks of the bloggers! Great job. I'm looking forward to coming posts!

    God Bless,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brianna - This is fun to see your blog! I love your, "How it all started..." I hope you're enjoying your summer. We'd love to see you soon. Take care, Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brianna!
    I'm so glad that you got it started!! Can't wait to see your future posts:)

    Love you,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete