Sunday, December 20, 2009

My God is Love

1 John 4:9 "That the Love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him"

Can you believe how much God loves us?! It's absolutely incredible. His love was (and still is) so deep for us that He sent His one and only Son to come and save us from the punishment we deserved. So loving; so caring.

It just gives me the shivers to think how eternal, sovereign, infinite, immutable, holy and gracious His love is. I'm so thankful for His forgiveness.

I'm very notorious for posting songs on my blog :) SO I'm doing one this post as well :D And that song would be "O the deep, deep love of Jesus"
As you read the words, think of how His love has impacted your life and what a tremendous difference it's made.



O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Vast, unmeasured and boundless free!
Rolling as a might ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current, of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious home above!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus
Spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
Now He watches o'er His loved ones,
Died to call them all His own
How for them He intercedeth,
Watcheth o'er them from the throne!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus
Love of every love the best
'Tis an ocean full of blessing
'Tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus
'Tis a heaven of heavens for me
And it lifts me up to glory,
For it lifts me up to Thee!
Bri

1 comment:

  1. That song is beautiful, isn't it Brianna?! Our soverign God's love for us makes me stand in awe...our God is good and faithful!!

    Your friend,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete