Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blessings from God

Lydia, the cute and giggling one.


Braden, the mechanic in our family, a great smart kid!



Benjamin, the family clown and a God-fearing person



Siblings. What do you think when you say/think that word? Me .... ? Well .... I think a bunch of different things!! Intelligent, fun, hilarious, always hungry, gifted, annoying ;), precious, awesome, quirky, pesky, outgoing, oh brother!! etc.


But, besides those, I think (well, I try to :)) of them as blessings from God. Thru the 15 1/2 years of my life I've seen 3 blessings come into it. When I was almost 2, Benjamin John was born and I held him when he was barely a day old. I obviously don't remember that but I will always carry that picture in my head. He is one of my best friends and has a great 13-year-old sense of humor that could make me laugh for hours! 6 years later Braden James Hien flew home with my parents from Vietnam. He was only 3 and now he's almost 11!!! He's very smart and he is always there when we don't know how to fix something that's very complex! Sometimes he just 'knows'. Braden is full of eagerness and determination. 4 years after that God put Lydia Joy Adama into our lives. When we went to get her in Ethiopia she was 5 months old and one night when we were in our hotel room, Benji was making her laugh as hard as she could. Her laugh is always a great sound to my ears! Now she's 3 and still laughs out loud!



I won't be posting for about a week b/c I'm going camping.


God Bless!




Bri

1 comment:

  1. I still remember when you went to get Lydia! What memories...Have fun camping!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete